Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Tarte Lights, Camera, Flashes Statement Mascara Review



LOVING this mascara! This was the first Tarte product I ever tried and to be honest, it didn't wow me at first. I bought this at the same time I bought the Benefit They're Real mascara and I ended up using the Benefit right away and didn't use the Tarte mascara for several weeks. Now I'm addicted. I have blonde lashes so it can take several coats for me to make sure all my lashes have been coated and darkened, but this mascara is SO black and because of the brush design, just a few sweeps and all my lashes are fully coated.

I initially purchased this based on a video by Fleur DeForce - she gave it a rave review and I decided I would give it a try. I really wanted to like it but wasn't all that impressed at first. I've discovered the secret - I have to curl my lashes first (I admit I'm not a consistent lash curler) and I have to use both sides of the brush. When you apply it to curled lashes it looks amazing! It holds the curl, it's super black and manages to coat each and every lash. It also adds volume and length. I started wearing this mascara to my hot yoga classes because although I don't wear any face makeup - I usually swipe on a bit of waterproof mascara since my lashes are blonde. This mascara does NOT budge. I've been wearing this everywhere for a couple of weeks now and I love it.

Tarte also claims that it's enriched with vitamins and minerals so that it ends up being healthy for your lashes. That's just an added bonus because the truly black formula and the brush design are really great and I will definitely be repurchasing this. The brush has two sides to it - a short, dense, side that helps coat the lashes and add volume, and a longer, firmer side that combs through to avoid clumps and lengthen. I love it so much I may just have to try the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara as well.

I purchased mine at Sephora but you can also find it at Ulta and Tarte online

PS - How cute is the packaging?!

No comments:

Post a Comment