Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil: Review



I ordered this cleansing oil based off of a recommendation from Amelia Liana. I have been using the Garnier Cleansing Oil for many months and I love it. I like to remove my makeup before cleansing so I can be sure that my cleanser is working to clean my skin rather than just remove my makeup. A cleansing oil is really great option for me because I have dry skin and it gently but thoroughly removes makeup without stripping my skin or drying it out.




The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil is more than double the price of the Garnier version (Garnier cleansing oil retails for around $8) but is still affordable at $18. I use 3-4 pumps of this every evening to remove a full face of makeup, so both bottles will probably last my quite a while. I like the smell of the oil - it smells just like camomile tea. Comparing it to the Garnier version, the camomile cleansing oil is a bit more viscous and I find it melts and removes makeup better and quicker. I have noticed that this formulation very very slightly stings my eyes sometimes, but nothing too crazy and it never leaves me with red eyes or any irritation. Once I wipe it away I don't experience any discomfort. That's my only complaint about the product. I definitely feel that it removes makeup quicker than the Garnier oil and it feels very silky and luxurious on my skin. I have also noticed that The Body Shop Oil bottle does not leak. My Garnier oil leaks all over the counter and sits in a puddle of oil where I store it. It makes a big mess so I do like the packaging of this oil much better. I'm not sure if I would repurchase it just because there are so many other cleansing oil options - with the Garnier oil I can even open my eyes without any irritation, so I will probably keep trying other oils until I find my favorite. I still use this every night and will probably finish off the bottle, but I don't see myself repurchasing it at this time.


This oil is made with Fair Trade camomile, which is a nice bonus. It also claims to be for all skin types, not just dry skin. It definitely feels less greasy and it moisturizes but doesn't leave skin with any greasy residue. If you're looking to try out a cleansing oil, I would definitely recommend it, especially if you have dry or easily irritated skin. Either the Body Shop or the Garnier oils are really good at removing makeup and are affordable enough to try out - everyone is different and everyone's skin will react differently to the formulations. I love The Body Shop products and will continue to use them!

What are your favorite cleansing oils? Have you experienced any eye irritation with The Body Shop's oil? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment