Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Review: Sephora Collection Perfecting Ultra-Smoothing Primer


I don't usually use primers (other than the L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer when I need an added glow), but I picked this up before a big event because I wanted my makeup to look good in photographs and really achieve that flawless face look. This Sephora Collection primer creates a perfectly smooth surface by smoothing over fine lines, wrinkles, etc. to allow your foundation to glide over skin and sit nicely on skin, rather than settling into any fine lines. This really does make my foundation look ultra-smooth and perfect. I don't feel like this is a product I need daily, as I don't usually wear makeup for prolonged periods and since I'm not oily, my foundation doesn't typically slide around on my face. However, this is really handy for an event or special occasion or any time when you need your foundation to stay in place and look flawless and silky all day and night. I paid around $15 for this half ounce bottle and it will definitely last me a while. I use about half of a pea-sized amount for my entire face. 


Again, I don't typically reach for primers unless there's something specific that I'm looking to achieve. For day-to-day foundation wear, I wouldn't use a primer, but this is affordable and effective enough to be used daily if that's something you need in your makeup routine. It's a really nice silky, velvety consistency, blends easily into the skin and does all that it claims to. There are a few other varieties that Sephora offers for anti-shine and other issues, but this seems to be the standard option. It's packaged nicely in a sleek bottle with an airless pump and secure lid so it won't leak. It's paraben free and can be used all over the face, including eyelids, so it can double as an eyeshadow primer. 

I would definitely recommend this if you're in the market for an everyday or all-purpose primer that's affordable and really works! I have tried several Sephora Collection products and I've been happy with them all so far. 

What's your favorite primer? Do you use a primer daily or only on certain occasions? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment