Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Bare Minerals Mineral Veil Touch Up Review




I picked this up a few months ago at Ulta where they have a really large selection of Bare Minerals products. I actually found this near the register (gets me every time) on my way out. I have tried mineral veil before and it's a product I always go back to. For me, it would be the perfect product if I could change one thing. I hate loose powders! They're so messy, especially if you want to keep one in your handbag. The powder gets everywhere and when you open the lid you end up dusting it all over yourself. I decided to try this because it's in a compact and it has a mirror. It comes with the standard pad/sponge inside but it also comes with a mini brush, which is nice for traveling. This is perfect to throw in your makeup bag or take it to-go in your handbag. I also like the idea that it adds a little glow. 




Let's be honest - the packaging is what made me buy this. It's super cute and seemed to be very handy for on-the-go situations. I really like Bare Minerals brushes, too, so I was happy that this came with a travel-sized powder brush. I've mentioned before that since I'm very dry, I don't usually powder my face. However, on really hot days, oily days, or days that I know I'm going to be wearing makeup for an extended period of time, I like to at least set my under-eye concealer. Lately, I have been using this under my eyes and in my t-zone to set everything and keep it matte (but not flat) on long days out. This never looks cakey, it sets everything really well, and illuminates without being sparkly or shiny. I have been using it so much, I may pick up a full-size illuminating mineral veil to set my makeup, and keep this in my handbag for touch ups. They also have a pressed translucent touch up powder (full size) if you're not into loose powders. 




I've been really happy with the brush, too. It's soft and the perfect size to set under eye concealer and touch up smaller areas on the face (like the t-zone). I've been using this for my t-zone and anywhere else I tend to get oily after a long day, and this Real Techniques setting brush for under my eyes. I'm not usually a fan of powder mineral foundations, but Bare Minerals has so many other products to offer. They have expanded so much and they really seem to have something for everyone. Some other products I love include their bronzer and sometimes their loose powder mineral foundation to set my liquid foundation and add a bit of extra coverage. 

What are your favorite Bare Mineral products? What products do you use to set under eye concealer and/or ward off an oily t-zone? I'd love to hear from you!



Until next time... xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment