Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Monday, November 24, 2014

Origins GinZing Scrub Cleanser & Eye Cream - Review


I recently added on a 100-point sample of the Origins GinZing eye cream at check out in Sephora. I had been wanting a new eye cream, but wasn't able to narrow it down and choose one. I had given up, deciding to research some at home later, but was pleasantly surprised when a sample of the eye cream was an option for a 100-point perk. I had heard of the GinZing cleanser from Tanya Burr's October Favorites video, and was interested in trying the eye cream, but hadn't read any reviews on it.


I loved the sample so much that I went out to buy the full size before I had finished up the miniature. Although I don't usually get dark circles under my eyes, I do suffer from bags & puffiness. Especially when the weather is changing (which in Texas is pretty much all the time) I get congested and my allergies start to act up - leaving my with pretty puffy eyes every morning. I picked this up at the Origins store for $30. It's a 0.5oz tub, but I've had the sample tube for about a month and, using it almost daily, I haven't used it up yet. It takes just a tiny amount, so I didn't mind the price. The GinZing range includes coffee beans, Ginseng, & Magnolia extract and claims to clear up darkness, de-puff, and get rid of bags. I put this on directly after I cleanse, follow up with moisturizer, and then apply my makeup. By the time I finish doing my makeup, I no longer have any puffiness or under eye bags.


Another nice aspect about the eye cream is that it seems to be a fairly natural skincare product. It's formulated without Parabens, Phthalates, mineral oil, Petroleum, animal ingredients or synthetic fragrance. This has never irritated my skin, and feels really nice on my eyes in the morning. It's cooling and refreshing, and I do like to keep things as natural and chemical-free as possible.


When I went to pick up the full size of the eye cream, I also got the GinZing Refreshing Scrub Cleanser. I love scrubs - they really help my dry skin, and I was looking for a morning cleanser that will prep my skin for makeup and get my skin ready for the day. This was just under $20 which I thought was a really good price. Definitely worth it, as you really get a lot of product for your money with this one. The first thing I noticed about this cleanser was the smell. This smells amazing! It has definitely become one of my favorite scents. Like the bright orange bottle suggests, the cleanser smells like oranges. It reminds me of candied orange peels. I love this smell in the morning, it's really invigorating and wakes you up and gets your skin ready for the day. I wish I could attach a scratch & sniff here - it's really an amazing scent. If I smelled this in the store, I would have purchased it just for the smell alone. 


Like the eye cream, this has Ginseng & Coffee beans. It has "grains" in the cleanser so it feels like a scrub and it gently exfoliates. I think this is really nice for a morning cleanser because it helps smooth out your skin so your makeup goes on flawlessly. Like I said, I use this only in the morning, so I don't use it to remove makeup. The instructions say to keep this away from the eye area, so I just lather this all over my skin - avoiding my eyes - and wipe it away with a wet cloth. If you do use this as your regular cleanser, I would suggest using a makeup removing oil or balm and then following up with this scrub. It is very slightly drying, I definitely have to moisturize immediately after use, but I love the exfoliation that it provides and it has really seemed to brighten and refresh my skin.

The range also offers a tub of moisturizer and a face mask. I definitely want to try out the mask - it's meant to brighten and refresh skin. If it has the same smell as the cleanser, I'm sure I will love it.

Have you guys tried any products from the GinZing range? What are your favorite Origins products? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment