Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Monday, February 23, 2015

Products I Love: BeautyBlender & BlenderCleanser


I'm in love with my beauty blender!! I was holding out for quite a while and using off-brand (Sephora, Ulta, etc.) beauty sponges, and I did NOT know what I was missing. This has totally changed the look of my makeup, particularly my foundation. It blends foundation, tinted moisturizer, concealer, and whatever else seamlessly and it's amazing on my dry skin. I know I'm a little late to the party on this one, but if you're like me and you've been holding out because of the hype or the price, I'm telling you it's worth it! It's definitely not your average makeup sponge. I guess it's the material they used, but its so soft and bouncy and it just blends foundation so well and pushes it directly into your skin instead of smearing it around. I have been using mine for a few months now and I still love it so much.

I rinse it out before using and just squeeze most of the water out - leaving it a little bit damp. I dot my foundation onto my skin and then use the damp sponge to blend it in. Then, I repeat the same steps with my concealer. I use the larger end for foundation and the larger parts of my face and the tapered end for under eye concealer so I can easily blend it under my eyes and in the inner corners. 

I got mine at Sephora for around $20 and it has lasted me several months. I just recently picked up the BlenderCleanser Solid which is actually just a little bar of soap formulated for the beauty blender. It's supposedly safe to use with it because it doesn't damage the material. I have heard that if you try to use regular soap or brush cleaner, it can dissolve the material and take chunks out of the sponge. I was a little hesitant to buy the soap, I actually thought to just buy a whole new beauty blender instead (it's only about $5 more), but I picked up a sample with my VIB points and it cleans the sponge SO well! After I was finished washing it, it looked brand new. Definitely worth buying, and you could (and probably should) clean it bi-weekly or so and your beauty blender will probably stay in really good condition.

Have you caved and tried this famous sponge? Let me know your favorite foundation-application methods below and how you clean your makeup sponges!

Until next time! xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I personally love the beauty blenders. I have got to so use to them, I can't even use my hands anymore lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too!! I am so addicted I keep a few backups in my drawer! :)

    ReplyDelete