Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Friday, February 20, 2015

Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW Pomade


I've been a long-time fan of brow "pomades" or "waxes" and I prefer them over pencils and/or powders. Having lighter brows, it's an everyday must for me! For several years I've used the e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit in medium and it's the perfect shade for me. It's not too light or too dark, and most importantly, it isn't red. I have a problem finding eyebrow products because 90% of the brow tints/pencils/powders/etc. on the market are way too red. Since I have light brows, any warm tones show up really vividly and end up looking much too red. When I first picked up a DIPBROW pot, I chose the shade "caramel" and it was definitely too warm and yellowy. I ended up returning it for the shade "taupe" and, while it's better, I'm still not convinced this is my perfect shade. I'm thinking I need to head back to Sephora and try "soft brown" or even "medium brown." 


Regardless of the shade, I love this product! It makes my brows look flawless, sculpted, and perfectly tinted in just a few swipes with my favorite eyeliner brush by e.l.f. It doesn't budge, and it stays looking perfect all day long. This shade, "taupe," is a bit green or maybe too ashy, but it doesn't have the warm tones like the "caramel" shade, so it's a better fit, but I still think I'd prefer a more neutral shade. Luckily, Anastasia has a pretty large range of shades - I was surprised by the number of options (11 total). You have plenty of warm, cool, and neutral shades to choose from. It's hard to find the perfect shade, I think, without using the product on your brows. Swatching on your hand can give you a preview of the color, but you can't really tell which shade is best without applying it directly. Luckily, Sephora is great about returns!


When going to check this out for the first time, I was expecting it to be really pricey. Anastasia Beverly Hills is definitely a more high-end brand and for brow products, they're usually a bit expensive. However, I was happily surprised with the price. This .14 oz. pot costs $20 and you barely need any product to get the desired look. I use a ton of the e.l.f. pomade in comparison with the amount of this that it takes to get really sculpted and flawless brows. I imagine this would last for a really long time. In my opinion, totally worth it!

I'll let you guys know if I find a shade I like better than taupe! If you've tried any brow pomades or waxes that you love, please let me know!

Until next time - xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment