Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Clarisonic Mia 1 Facial Sonic Cleansing Brush - First Impression & Review


I have been checking out the facial brush market for quite some time now and finally made a purchase! I picked up the Clarisonic Mia at Dillard's about a week ago so I wanted to give my first impressions (since I haven't owned it very long) and a review of what I think about it so far. Since this is my first experience in the world of facial brushes, I chose the Mia 1 because it's the simplest and most inexpensive of the Clarisonic products. I thought this would be a good brush to start with. I chose the shade "pink" - they have several colors including purple, electric pink, grey, & white - and I love the color, I think it's really pretty. 


The Mia 1 comes with the "sensitive brush head" and only has one speed, speed 2 (universal) for use with all skin types. This speed is safe to be used daily, or even twice daily if you'd like. The brush heads are interchangeable, so you can purchase new brush heads after a few months to replace the existing head, or you can buy alternative heads for different skin types and uses. The brush heads typically cost around $27 each, so it's pretty affordable to change your brush head every 3 months (as recommended). 


The Mia is also waterproof, so you could use it in the shower and you don't have to worry about keeping any parts of it dry. The charger is actually magnetic so there's no plug or holes for the charger to plug into on the actual brush. You just touch the charger to the bottom of the handle and it sticks magnetically to the handle pretty firmly. It also comes with a cover for the brush head with holes so the bristles can dry while still protected. The power button is a grey rubber button and once you power on the Clarisonic, it is on a 60-second timer. 60 seconds is the recommended daily use time. 


Since I purchased mine at Dillard's, I also received a free gift with purchase. The Mia 1 comes with a sample size of the Clarisonic cleanser, but the gift with purchase from Dillard's provides 2 more sample cleansers and a small travel bag for the Mia. The travel bag is the size of a toiletry kit or rectangular makeup bag. It's purple with yellow trim, so it's not the cutest bag, but it fits all the cleanser samples, the charger, and the Mia itself, so it's handy for storage and/or traveling. It has a zipper shaped like a mini silver Clarisonic brush.

I read quite a few reviews before using this. It's recommended that you charge the brush for a full 24 hours before using, so I had plenty of time to read up on the brush. I read some really scary reviews of users that broke out really badly after starting to use the Mia. I was expecting a few blemishes or spots to pop up as is pretty standard with any new product, especially one that's exfoliating. However, I was hoping it didn't ruin my skin or give me any serious issues.

I'm happy to say, I have had a really good experience with the Mia so far. I did get a few very small spots after the first few days of use, but they went away very quickly and didn't leave any redness or marks on my skin. I had very very minimal "purging" with this, so I was really happy about that. It has definitely helped with my dryness. After about a week of use, I no longer have any major dry patches or peeling. My skin is never irritated by it and I have been using it both at night and in the morning. Most noticeably, I can tell a huge difference in the occurrence of blackheads on my nose and the size of my pores. The pores, especially on my nose, seem much cleaner, which makes them less visible. This is the best result I've experienced and it's what motivated me most to buy the brush. I'm happy with the Mia 1, I'm not sure that I need fancy brush heads or multiple speeds. For $99, I'm very satisfied with this brush and I don't think I would spend more to get a brush that has different speeds. Especially if you're new to facial brushes, I think this is the perfect brush for daily use. They also have a 1-year warranty, so you're covered if you experience any troubles in the first year. 



You can find the Clarisonic at most department stores, online at Clarisonic.com, and Sephora.

Let me know what you think of Clarisonic's products. If you've used any of their cleansers, please let me know! I think I will give my skin plenty of time to adjust to daily Clarisonic use before I try out any new cleansers or skincare products. One step at a time!


Until next time... xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment