Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat - First Impression


Just a quick first impression of this gel polish! I got this as a free gift with my VIB points at Sephora. I'm a big fan of the slightly pink natural nail polish. My all-time favorite is the Dior Nail Glow which costs a whopping $27 but looks so natural and pretty on my nails. When I saw this as a gift option, I knew I had to try it! 

A pink-toned clear polish is a perfect option when you need to swipe something onto naked nails in a hurry. You don't have to worry about being precise or getting any on your skin, because you won't be able to tell anyway. Also since it's "clear" you don't have to use so many coats - I swipe on a coat or two and that allows it to dry quickly so I can move on. Perhaps the best part about wearing a natural shade like this is that the nicks and chips don't show. I use this during busy weeks because if it chips, no one will be able to tell and you can wear it a lot longer before it starts to look worn. This polish claims to strengthen and brighten your nails. My first impression is that it dries really quickly, but it's not as rosy as the Dior version. It also really stinks - like a very strong top coat. The full version of this is $30 for .6 oz., which is still much cheaper than the Dior version ($27 for .33 oz.). I would imagine that the .6 oz. bottle would last a long time. I use my Dior polish more than any other polish I own and I haven't made much of a dent yet. After 2 days of wear, I don't see any chips in the polish. It is super shiny like a gel and seems to be holding up much better than Nail Glow usually does. My only complaint is that it really isn't very pink. I think next time I'll try 2 coats of Nail Glow and top it off with a coat of this Perfect Formula polish. Maybe that will be the magic combination!

What are your favorite natural nail shades? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time... xoxo!

2 comments:

  1. I also love Dior too! I kinda have been liking "Muave my words" by Osodollish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'll have to try that one! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete