Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Sunday, October 26, 2014

HUGE Fall Candle Haul & Review

I'm a candle addict. I have been on several shopping trips since the beginning of September to stock up on fall (and winter) candles. I love burning candles and making the house smell and feel like Autumn. It can really make you feel more festive. Here are the candles I have recently picked up...




Pumpkin Caramel Latte - I found this at Bath & Body Works. It's part of their limited edition Pumpkin Cafe line. It's sweet and caramel-y with notes of espresso. I'm (not so patiently) waiting for cooler weather to light this one. This scent has gotten rave reviews online - it's a favorite of many! 





Heirloom Pumpkin - This pumpkin scent is more fresh, but still very autumnal - with hints of nutmeg. It's spicy and perfect for fall. I love these mason jar candles; I'm going to clean them out and reuse them when they're gone. Bath & Body Works candles strongly scent the entire room and I've been burning this candle a lot lately and it seems to burning slowly but giving off tons of spicy pumpkin scent.




Artisan Market Mason Jar Candles



Vanilla Chai

This is one of my favorites so far. It smells just like my routine Starbucks order: Vanilla Chai Latte. Notes of vanilla, cinnamon, and those unmistakable chai spices. I can't wait to start burning this one.






Banana Nutmeg Bread Pudding

This smells like bananas. If you're not a banana fan, this one isn't for you. The banana smell is a tad artificial but when combined with the nutmeg and brown sugar scents, it really does smell like banana bread pudding. I'm interested to see how this smells when it's burning. 


Vanilla Snow Flake - This is one of my all-time favorite scents. I LOVE the vanilla variations that B&BW releases. One year, I stocked up on Vanilla Bean Noel so that I could burn it throughout the entire year. This is a very similar scent. It's the perfect vanilla with subtle hints of peppermint that really brighten up the smell. I'm saving these for serious winter coldness (can't wait!). I also really love the packaging and labels on these. The 3-wick candle has the cutest label and snowflake detailing on the lid. 



Espresso Bar - This smells like a freshly brewed cup of espresso. I bought this intending to burn it in the kitchen so it always smells like fresh coffee. It has light hints of vanilla as well. This is a "small candle" that claims to burn 20-30 hours. These are frequently bundled for a good discount. 






Apple & Pumpkin Picking - I love Yankee Candles. They are also very strongly scented and really fill an entire room. I would say they burn at a similar rate as B&BW candles. At 7oz, these are slightly larger than the mason jar candles, and claim to burn 35-45 hours. I've had this burning in my bedroom and I love it. It's sweet with strong notes of crisp apple and pumpkin, without any spice or added notes. It's purely pumpkin and apple - perfect for early fall. 



Pumpkin Patch - This is a swirled mix of Yankee Candle's Harvest and Spiced Pumpkin candles. I've had this burning in our guest bathroom - it smells just like an autumn wreath. It smells of cinnamon, pumpkin, and fall spices. I actually picked this up at Home Goods for a discounted price. I thought the Halloween label was cute for October. 



Hot Cider - This smells exactly like hot apple cider - apples & cinnamon. Again, I picked this up at Home Goods for about $6 and I've been burning it in my entryway. It's from the Yankee Candle Simply Home range. The only thing I don't like about Yankee Candles are the shape of some of them - the tapered opening gets blackened from the smoke and towards the end of the candle, it can get really messy if you touch the opening. You have to be really careful about trimming the wick. However, I love this scent, it makes me crave some cider. 


Baked Apple
Crispy, Warm, & Canny Baked Apple. This was $7 at Home Goods and it's one of my favorites. I LOVE the packaging. The jar is so cute and it's actually made from yellow glass (the candle inside is white). I will definitely have to clean this out and repurpose the jar when the candle has finished. It smells just like baked apples - warm apple with a light touch of cinnamon. I enjoy the smell but the jar is really what sold me. This is a DW Home candle. 


Juicy Cranberry - This is another DW Home candle from Home Goods. I should have known because the packaging is almost as cute as the previous jar. This smells like sweet, tart, and fruity cranberries. No spices or anything else - just cranberries. It's in a red glass cup with a cork lid. Definitely another container I want to repurpose. I've been burning this in our master bathroom and I love the way it smells. 


Pumpkin Spice - Another DW Home candle. I didn't pay attention to the brands when I saw these at Home Goods, and they all have very different packaging and labels, but they're all in really cute jars that you could totally use for other things once the candle is gone. More red glass! This candle is very spicy and autumnal. It smells like pumpkin pie spice - cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin. 





Maple Butter
This makes the whole house smell like pancakes. It's warm, buttery, and maple-y. I've been burning this like crazy since I discovered it at Home Goods. I can't get enough. I could burn this any time of year but it makes you want to get warm and cozy in the fall. I can even smell it from outside the front door sometimes. One of my favorites of this haul. 

Everyday Luxe Candles
I think these are the prettiest candles I've ever seen. They're simple with just a touch of sparkle. I have the butter cookie scent sitting on a stack of magazines on my coffee table and it looks so beautiful. The butter cookie scent is very sweet and smells like you're baking sugar cookies; An ultra-sweet vanilla scent. I almost don't want to burn it because it's so pretty. The sparkling plum smells very similar to grape juice but it's very deep and rich. It reminds me of sugar plums and the Nutcracker ballet, so I'm saving this for December. It would definitely be a lovely coffee table candle - it needs to be displayed!

These last couple candles I picked up for their looks more so than their scents.


Wild Honey Nectar - I initially picked this up because of the jar - it's a cracked mirrored silver jar with a simple white candle inside. I expected the candle to be unscented, but it's actually a really nice scent. Surprise, surprise, it's another DW Home candle from Home Goods. This seems more of a spring or summer scent to me, so I haven't burned it yet, but it looks really pretty on display. 



Pumpkin Tart - I picked this up because the jar is really nice. For just under $10, I would have purchased it if it was just the jar. Having a candle inside is an added bonus. Also, it's HUGE (15.5oz) with a burn time of up to 80 hours. It smells like simple, fresh pumpkin. This is a Laura Ashley candle. 




What are your favorite fall and winter scents? Please share your favorites and where you go to stock up on candles!

No comments:

Post a Comment