Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Monday, January 12, 2015

MAC bronzing powder & Sigma F05 Brush Reviews

MAC Bronzing Powder in "Golden" & Sigma Small Contour F05 Brush

Bronzer can be really tricky when you have fair skin. It takes a lot of trial and error to find the perfect one, and when you do - you tend to stick to it. I have been using this bronzing powder by MAC for years, and I always come back to it. It is probably my holy-grail bronzer. As always, the quality is very good and it's just formulated really nicely. I don't use a lot of bronzers, but this has always been a staple in my makeup drawer. It's not matte, but it isn't shimmery either. It has a glow to it, but it's subtle enough that this can still be used as a contour shade. I use this not only as a cheek bone contour  but all over my face, too. Golden is the lightest shade, and it's the perfect color for my skin tone. I struggle to find a good bronzer because they're always much too dark and I have to dip my brush in very lightly, be sure to dust off most of the product, and then blend like crazy to make sure it doesn't look scary. I also struggle with finding bronzers that don't show up orange. In my opinion, an orange face is one of the biggest makeup faux pas. This is light, but buildable. I start off with just a little, and if I wanted a more intense contour, or to add more color to my face, I can build up the color to be pretty dark. I definitely see myself continuing to repurchase this - even if I try out other products, it's nice to have this as a trusted back-up. On darker skin tones, this would give a really nice glow all over the skin, perfect in the summer. 






I recently placed an order with Sigma specifically for a small counter brush. I found the F05 small contour brush and knew it would be perfect. I'm a big fan of Sigma brushes - I always check their website before I look anywhere else. They are really high quality brushes - right up there with MAC brushes, but they're a fraction of the price. Literally, they are half the price of MAC brushes. This small contour brush is $21 which, in my mind, is still a lot to spend on one makeup brush. The MAC version of this particular brush is a whopping $35. I still think the $21 was a splurge, but I had really been wanting a small brush with this exact shape just for contouring, which is something I do quite a lot, so I felt it would be worth it. As usual, I was not let down! I love this brush - it's perfect for contouring. It gets right into the hollow space under my cheekbone for a really precise application. As with all Sigma brushes, it's super soft and never sheds. Another perk about shopping with Sigma is that they always have a promotion or sale going on. Free shipping? Yes, please!



These two products are a match made in heaven. I have been using them together daily and have a feeling they will be making their way into my January favorites! What are your favorite bronzers? I would love to try out a good drugstore bronzing powder. Let me know in the comments!


Until next time... xoxo



PS - Don't forget to check out my "52 Books in 52 Weeks" book giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment