Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Friday, March 27, 2015

Review: Maybelline Brow Drama



This is Maybelline's newest brow gel: Brow Drama in "soft brown." I hate to say I was not all that impressed with this product. I am always on the hunt for great brow products. Since I have blonde lashes & brows, I use mascara and brow tint daily. I typically use a brow wax or pomade on a liner or angled brush, and I set it with a tinted or clear gel. At the moment, I'm using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. On an everyday basis I set this with the e.l.f. clear brow gel and when I want a bolder look, I use Benefit's gimme brow (see my thoughts on that here).


I love gimme brow, but it's a bit pricey so I'm searching for a cheaper alternative. Unfortunately, this definitely doesn't qualify as a dupe. It doesn't seem to have many fibers or if it does, they're not working to add thickness to my brows. It doesn't help keep my brows firmly in place and doesn't add much tint, either. I was most surprised by the brush shape. It looks like a regular mascara wand but then has a big round bulb on the end. This is really a bad shape for brows. It was much too large to tint my brows without getting onto the surrounding skin. When I try to apply this neatly, I end up not being able to get enough product onto my brows. The product may be ok when applied with a normal brush, but this brush really ruined it for me.


I won't be repurchasing this and my hunt for the perfect brow gel will have to continue. I would really love to find a drugstore brow gel that holds hairs in place and has fibers for added volume. If you have any suggestions, please leave them below so I can check them out! Until then, I'll stick with Benefit!



No comments:

Post a Comment