Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Saturday, March 21, 2015

First Impression: Neutrogena Healthy Lengths Mascara


I've seen this mascara many times in the store but I haven't heard much about Neutrogena mascaras so I've never picked it up. I was recently in a Target and decided to try this out. I got it in the shade "carbon black." It's a really skinny tube and it's packaged with the brush separate from the tube. So, when you open it for the first time, you open the mascara tube and insert the clean brush. This mascara claims to lengthen lashes 100% and includes vitamin E, olive oil, and antioxidants to increase lash health as well. It is anti-clumping, flaking, and smudging. 


The first thing I noticed about this mascara was the consistency. It's a lot thicker than the mascaras I typically use. I could tell it was a much thicker formula as soon as I inserted the brush. I noticed that this is beneficial when applying as it's a lot less messy, doesn't smudge onto my eyelids, and doesn't flake off onto my cheeks when I put it on. I was a little worried that would mean it'd be clumpy, but actually the opposite was true.

The first time I applied this, the first thing I noticed was how natural it looked. After applying one coat, it looked like I had naturally black, full lashes. It coated every lash but remained soft to the touch. I applied a few more coats to build up length and volume and was really happy with the finished product. This is definitely not a dramatic mascara - even after several coats it's very natural-looking. This would be a perfect "no makeup" mascara, a base coat, or a good everyday mascara if you're looking for something a little more subtle. 

This was just under $8 at Target and can be found in most drugstores and also at Ulta. It's a great mascara to keep in your makeup bag or to take when traveling because of its slim tube!



I've only been using this for about a week so I can't review it's lash lengthening properties, but I would repurchase just because I liked the product. I've actually been using this as a base mascara because it separates lashes and coats them so they're totally black. Then, I go in with just one coat of a different mascara to add a bit more length and thickness for a bolder look. I have used this several times on "no makeup" days and I really love the way it looks just on its own. I've also been using this on my bottom lashes and it has not smudged at all.

Have you tried this lengthening mascara? Did you see any results? Let me know! I will provide an update after I've been using it consistently for several weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment