Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara - Review




There hasn't been much hype around this mascara (I can't figure out why) but I spotted it in Sephora and decided to give it a try. I'm a long-time fan of simple, old-fashioned mascara wands. I'm not a huge lover of plastic brushes, curved brushes, fancy wands, etc. I tend to stick to more basic brushes and I find that they give more volume and length without clumping or getting all over my eyelids. I love the packaging of this - it's a bamboo tube with simple but cute labeling and design. The wand is just a normal mascara wand, nothing crazy; it reminded me of my all-time favorite, holy grail mascara - the L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black formula. 

I love the brush! It's fat (but not so much that it makes a mess when applying) and fluffy and gives really great volume and length. It holds a curl but it isn't difficult to remove. I never have problems with smudging, running, or it wearing off after a long day. This is definitely one of my new favorite mascaras! I also like the smell (weird?) it's a bit sweet and almost vanilla-like. A little weird in a mascara, but I'm not complaining.


I will definitely repurchase this mascara. I feel that it doesn't damage my lashes much (if at all) because it's easy to remove and the formula doesn't feel too harsh. In fact, I was noticing such a change in my lashes that I decided to look up the description of this mascara to see if it's meant to improve the quality of your lashes. Sephora's description of the gifted mascara claims that it's meant to repair, strengthen, and rebuild lashes. I can definitely see the results after just a couple weeks! It's easy to apply - only takes a couple coats and you're ready to go. Even without curling my lashes, it adds volume, length & lift. I have also tried the Lights, Camera, Flashes statement mascara by Tarte (you can read my thoughts on it here) but I definitely prefer this formula. It's perfect for everyday wear and could easily be a staple in your vanity. 

A bonus is that it's formulated without mineral oil, parabens, sulfates, or phthalates. Also, Tarte does not test on animals!


What are your favorite mascaras? Do you prefer a traditional brush or a plastic one? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment