Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Products I Love: Smith's Rose Salve Balm

I am obsessed with this lip balm. I have been using this for so long - I remember always having a tin of this when I was a little girl. When I rediscovered it years later in Sephora, I was dying for that minty rose scent again. I picked up the Rosebud Perfume Co.'s Minted Rose Lip Balm tin and have gone through several since then. It smells amazing, it's adds the slightest pink tint to my lips, it's very hydrating, and makes my lips look instantly soft and moisturized. 


When I was in Sephora again recently, I had already browsed through the mini items near the register and was actually on my way out when salve tube caught my eye. I had to go back and purchase the tube because I love the tin version so much but it's not as convenient or hygienic. Sephora calls it a "cult-favorite" and I have to agree; I have loved that balm for years and it's perfect for anyone at any age! 

I also love the packaging! It's very antique-looking and classic. The tin seals really tightly as well so it never gets dirty or opens up when it's floating around my handbag. These are both technically salves so they can be used for other things such as scrapes and burns, although I haven't tried them for anything other than dry or chapped lips. Their website claims that the salves can be used to tame unruly brows, flyaway hairs, to add a dewy finish on cheek bones, etc. 


The tin version definitely adds more shine and a bit more tint to my lips, but the tube is super easy to throw in my handbag and quickly apply some balm on the go. Also, I believe the tube is just rosebud scent rather than minted rose. I have to say I prefer the minted rose option, but I love the smell of roses and Rosebud Perfume Co. manages to capture the rose scent without it being overwhelming or too floral. These are perfect for everyday wear; they can be applied alone or on top of lipsticks or pencils to add a glossy finish. 

Like I mentioned, I picked both of these up at Sephora, but you can also find these (and tons of other products) on the Rosebud Perfume Co. website. I also have the strawberry lip balm and I love it as well. Again, it's a scent that reminds me of when I had this as a child. The tins go for $7 and the tube for $6 so they're super affordable and last forever! I have a feeling I will get through the tube much quicker since it's so easy to apply.

Have you tried any Rosebud Perfume Co. products? Do you regularly use salves? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment