Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner Review



The name is definitely a mouthful, but the ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner is the best eyeliner I have ever used. I use this daily, no matter what. Whether I'm sporting a full face of makeup or having a "no makeup" makeup day, I always use this liner. I like to tight line my eyes most of the time, and I tend to prefer tight lining over a winged liner or smokey eye. Even with minimal makeup, tight lining really adds thickness to your lashes and frames your eyes. 


Two things I look for in a standard black liner are water resistance and softness. I like a really smooshy liner so that it applies easily to the inner lids without pulling or tugging on my eyes. This glides on and the liner is really dark and pigmented. Sometimes the waterline is... well, watery and it can be difficult to get liner to "stick," but not this one. My other requirement is that it's waterproof. Again, your waterline can be a tricky place to not only apply makeup, but also make it last. This liner lasts all day and night on my waterline and never smudges or fades. If you swatch this on your hand, you can see that it won't budge after it dries. This is especially useful if you have watery eyes, allergies, etc. 





As you can see, I have just about used up my last pencil and have already repurchased a backup. I keep one of these on hand at all times. I have tried several other similar drugstore options and nothing else compares. If you like to tight line your eyes, or are looking for a really good waterproof liner, I highly recommend this! Also, since it's Rimmel, you can find it at your local drugstore for under $5. They offer a range of other colors as well. My only complaint about this liner is that you have to sharpen it. I am always on the hunt for a twist-up liner that is just as black, just as waterproof, but still soft and easy to apply.



If you've found a liner ever better than this one, please let me know in the comments! If you haven't tried this yet, I would definitely recommend it. Tweet or Instagram me with your pics, favorite liners, etc!


Until next time! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment