Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Review: e.l.f Jumbo Eyeshadow Sticks


I love e.l.f. products - they're super cheap but you can find some really great products. I have to admit, it is hit or miss with e.l.f., but when I find a hit, it usually becomes a staple product that I love and continue to use regularly. These are my two favorite shades from the jumbo eyeshadow sticks - forest nymph (left) and turkish coffee (right). They're soft and creamy and come off really pigmented. The forest nymph is a shimmery dark brown olive green, and the turkish coffee shade is a warm brown with some shimmer. These are super easy to swipe on, blend, and go. They don't have amazing lasting power, but I use an eyeshadow primer or set these with a powder shadow and they last long enough for me. These are more of a casual, everyday eye product for me, so I don't mind that they aren't super long-wearing.

Forest Nymph (top) & Turkish Coffee (bottom)
As you can see, they're highly pigmented and they have just the right amount of shimmer to them. I prime my lids with some type of eye primer or a MAC paint pot to minimize creasing and make the color last longer. I swipe a few strokes onto my lid and then blend it out with my finger. If you want extra insurance against creasing, top it off with a powder shadow all over the lid & into the crease so that it sets the cream shadow. I have a few other shades, but these are my favs and I use these most often. The best part is: these huge twist-up shadow sticks go for $2! I love a good e.l.f. find and these are definitely worth it. I pick up my e.l.f. products mostly at Target but you can order online, too and they often have sales and deals going on. 

What are your favorite e.l.f. products? How do you prefer to wear cream shadows? I'd love to hear your opinions!

Until next time! xoxo

2 comments: