Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Friday, October 17, 2014

September Favorites!

September flew by but I'm so happy to see October. I'm ready for fall weather, pumpkin everything, and boots! Fall is my favorite season and I'm so glad it's finally here. Here are some beauty and non-beauty items I loved during September.

Beauty:

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation - I love this foundation. I'm usually a fan of Revlon foundations not only for their consistencies but also their color range. They have a nice array of fair shades and some really light shades that match my skin perfectly. I have this foundation in the shade "ivory" and it's an absolutely perfect match. It really looks like my skin and provides just enough coverage. You could apply a light layer for sheer coverage on a "no makeup" day or you could add a thicker layer for light-medium coverage and touch up any spots with concealer. I apply this with a beauty blender.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer - I like the yellow tones in this concealer. I use it under my eyes with pretty much any foundation. It provides good coverage so you could wear a sheer layer of foundation and cover any under eye bags or darkness with this concealer and you're ready to go. I like the packaging, I just wish it was a little larger because I run through it pretty quickly. I apply this with the same beauty blender I used to apply my foundation. I use the shade "Chantilly." This goes for $29 at Sephora.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush - This is my transition blush. It still has shimmer and a highlight to it, but it's a deeper pink so it's the perfect transition from summer to winter. At $35, I think it's priced fairly. I love the packaging and the blush is pigmented and so easy to blend. The highlight swirled in is subtle but still adds a touch of a sheen to the cheekbones. I've been reaching for this a lot lately and I think it could be used as a daytime blush during Winter as well.

Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara - I have been loving this mascara. It's affordable as far as high-end mascaras go ($24) and I love the brush. It's a soft brush that's fat at the base and tapers to a point at the end - sort of pear-shaped. It's really black and doesn't flake onto my under eye area or smudge throughout the day. My favorite way to wear this mascara is with a smoky wing. I apply gel liner in a wing and then use a pencil brush and a black shadow to smoke out the edges. This look combined with the mascara has a really beautiful effect and makes it look like you're wearing false lashes.

Non-Beauty:

Bamboo Lane Crunchy Rice Rollers - These are fat-free popped rice snacks lightly sweetened with rice syrup and natural cane juice. I like to have these for breakfast with a little almond butter. They're crunchy but light and have just the right amount of sweetness. I picked these up at Costco, but I've linked the Amazon page for them for those of you without access to a Costco.

Twinings Earl Grey Tea - this is an old favorite of mine but I rediscovered it last month and remembered how much I LOVE this tea. I take my tea with sugar and milk, but lately I've been using Monk Fruit sweetener as a sugar alternative.


No comments:

Post a Comment