Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Monday, October 27, 2014

Nighttime Skincare Routine

Removing your makeup at the end of the day is one of the most important aspects of skincare. I can't remember the last time I slept in my makeup but I do admit I'm not always diligent with my nighttime skincare routine. Give yourself plenty of time to remove your makeup properly and cleanse your skin. My nighttime routine is much longer than my morning routine so I can make sure I'm taking care of my skin and putting back what the day took away. 

My first step is to remove my makeup. I use this Garnier Cleansing Oil and massage it into my face and eyes to remove even waterproof mascara. It feels a little odd at first to put oil on top of your makeup, but this cleansing oil melts away all the makeup on your skin so you can wipe it away with a warm towel. 

My next step is to cleanse. I use the Philosophy Purity cleanser to clean my skin now that there's no makeup there. Purity will also remove any remaining makeup (even eye makeup) and it gently and naturally cleanses the skin without being too drying. This keeps my skin clear without irritation. 

If my skin is particularly dry, I use a scrub. I choose between the LUSH Ocean Salt Scrub and The Body Shop Vitamin C Microdermabrasion to smooth my skin.



A few nights of the week, I use a face mask. I choose a mask depending on what issues I'm experiencing at that time. If I'm dry, I use The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Mask. If I'm experiencing a break out, I use The Body Shop Tea Tree Mask. If I'm feeling oily or I suspect a breakout coming, I use one of the Formula 10.0.6 Mud Masks - I get these at Ulta and I LOVE them. They're under $10 for a large tube of the mask and it lasts forever. These smell so amazing and they use really good and natural ingredients. Since these are mud masks, they dry out my skin a little so I have to moisturize heavily after I use them.


Next, I use two essential oils on my skin. I use Tea Tree Oil and dab it on any spots or areas prone to breakouts. It always clears up my skin quickly. I also use Lemon Oil on my skin. Lemon oil helps keep skin clear and bright. Lemon oil can reduce scarring from breakouts as well. I do not use lemon oil if I have used a scrub or exfoliator because it can burn. 2-3 drops is plenty. 

Before moisturizing, I spritz a little bit of this LUSH toner water to help my moisturizers sink in.

On my eyes, I use the Origins A Perfect World for Eyes and just dab this around my eye area and the delicate skin underneath. I love the smell of this whole range. It has white tea in it and vitamin A to firm the skin. 

My last step is to moisturize. Typically, I use my trusty Boots No 7 Beautiful Skin Hydration mask. I've talked about this before, so I won't go on too much about it, but I use a light layer of this as a nighttime moisturizer to moisturize my dry skin. 


Just before bed I dab a little of this Yu Be skin cream onto my lips so I can wake up in the morning with smooth and moisturized lips. I love this stuff!

What products are in your nighttime routine? Share them below so I can try them out!



No comments:

Post a Comment