Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush

Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Fearless
When I'm shopping for a blush, I usually pick up a natural pink with a shimmer or highlight. This is really different from what I would usually go for, but I love it. I settled on the shade "fearless" - it's a matte coral with pink tones. I like the idea of it having 12-hour staying power. I hate looking washed out at the end of the day because my blush has faded. The Amazonian clay blushes are baked, and infused with clay from the Amazon River. 



How cute is the detail of the imprint on the pressed powder? I also really love the packaging. It's sleek and compact - perfect for traveling or throwing in your makeup bag and it has a great mirror under the lid. This blush is bright and very pigmented - I just barely dip my brush into the powder and get major color payoff. 



You can see in the swatch how pigmented this blush is. When a light dusting is applied to the cheeks it gives a really beautiful, natural look. You can pair a highlight shade with this, or leave it matte for fall & winter. Tarte claims that this blush is good for every skin type - dry, combination, & oily. I have dry skin and this always applies flawlessly without clinging to dry patches. 

As a bonus, Tarte creates this blush without the use of parabens, sulfates, phthalates, petrochemicals, synthetic fragrances, GMOs and triclosan. They offer a wide range of shades with matte and shimmery options. 

I picked mine up at Sephora, but you can find these online and at Ulta for $26. I would love to try more Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes - I think next time I'll try Dollface and Flush.

No comments:

Post a Comment