Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Thursday, October 9, 2014

For the Love of Makeup Wipes...

I LOVE makeup wipes. I fully depend on them. If I'm out of makeup removing wipes I make a mad-dash to Target no matter what time of day it is. I've been using them for years and while I do have my favorites, it's hard for me to turn down a makeup wipe. Here's why I love them...

Late nights. Makeup removing wipes are perfect when you're too tired to get up and wash your face. If you've been out late and you need to fall into bed immediately... they're a lifesaver. I keep a pack in my nightstand for nights when I've already gotten into bed but then remember I haven't taken off my makeup (the worst feeling ever). I used to think this is a horrible habit and that it would leave me terribly broken out in the morning, but it actually doesn't (more on that later).

Pre-face wash. When I wash my face, I typically like to remove my makeup before I use my facial cleanser. That way I know that my cleanser got to actually do some work on my skin, and it wasn't wasted simply removing my makeup. Sometimes I'll use a wipe to do this, sometimes a cleansing oil, etc.

Quick. I don't know about you, but I love the feeling of removing makeup. It doesn't bother me to have a full face of makeup on all day, but I enjoy the feeling of a freshly cleansed face. Especially in the summer. Sometimes if I get home from a long day or I come home and know I'm done for the day, I take off my makeup as soon as I get in. I just remove it with a wipe and then when I'm ready for bed I can cleanse and go through with my usual routine, but that way you don't have makeup sitting on your face for unnecessary lengths of time. This is a good idea when you're having a breakout. Let your skin breathe as much as possible. This is also handy sometimes when you're putting on makeup. Wipes can be useful to clean up liner or shadow or a mascara fleck. I also usually carry a pack of wipes in my yoga bag, so that if I come to yoga with makeup on, I can take it off before class to avoid running mascara/breakouts/etc.

I can't get away with using wipes as my ONLY cleanser, but I do find that they clean my skin well enough to stave off breakouts if I use them periodically. My favorite wipes at the moment are the Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with White Tea Extract. The towels have just enough liquid, they're not greasy, and the smell is really nice and fresh. I tried the Cucumber & Sage version and they were a little rough on my under-eye area, and I wasn't a fan of the smell. The Burt's Bees wipes are one of the cheapest options, which is (pleasantly) surprising because they're all natural. I also like the Simple Skincare Cleansing Facial Wipes. They're also all natural, have a non-offensive smell, and I like to formulation. For many years I used various Neutrogena wipes, but haven't gone back to them because they're usually the priciest and I've been enjoying my other options.

Do you ever rely on makeup wipes? Which are your favorites and how do you use them?


Products mentioned in this blog:
Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes
Simple Skincare Cleansing Facial Wipes
Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes

No comments:

Post a Comment