Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Benefit 'They're Real!' Review (Mascara & Liner)

     This summer, Benefit launched their "They're Real!" range. It includes a mascara, push-up liner, and eye makeup remover. I purchased the mascara and liner from Sephora in August and I wanted to share my review of them with you. These products have received tons of reviews and most of them seem to be positive. If you haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet, read my review and you can decide for yourself.



Benefit 'They're Real!' Mascara - I have really loved this mascara. I'm usually not a fan of plastic brushes, but this mascara has changed my mind. It's not only a plastic brush, but it has some bristles on the tip of the brush so that you can use the wand vertically as well. This is great for outer lashes and the inner corner. I love the formulation of this mascara, too. It's a thin consistency and it separates lashes, but mostly, it adds serious length. It really gives the appearance that you're wearing false lashes. One coat of this is plenty, and I even like it for bottom lashes since it's waterproof. It's priced perfectly at $23; I will definitely repurchase when it's used up! 



Benefit 'They're Real!' Push-Up Liner - I'm sorry to say I hated this product so much I returned it immediately. The concept has potential... I like the idea of the flexible chisel tip, but the consistency of the liner was way too thick. It was really difficult to apply and I wasn't able to ever get the wing right. The liner was too thick so it was difficult to apply accurately and ended up being clumpy and all over the place. It seems like you have to push some liner out and then wipe it on the back of your hand to get rid of the excess product. When I tried to clean up my mistakes, I could not get it off. I had to dig around for all different kinds of eye makeup remover until I found one that could remove this and even then I had to scrub. I don't like anything that's too difficult to take off my eyes because the skin around the eyes is so sensitive and delicate I hate to agitate it. I put this liner back into its box and returned it the next day. I have read reviews saying it took some time to get used to, but I just couldn't handle the consistency long enough to get better at application. Maybe I was too impatient but this was a very disappointing product. If you DO end up purchasing, I would definitely try out the makeup remover also, because it's impossible to get off otherwise. The liner goes for $24 at Sephora.


No comments:

Post a Comment