Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Friday, November 14, 2014

The Body Shop: Vanilla Brûlée Body Butter - Review

I recently made an online order at The Body Shop. I have several of their products that I love but I don't have a store very close to me. I can find some of their products at Ulta but I had quite a few things that I wanted to try so I decided to go ahead and place an order online. If you read my blog, you may know that I love The Body Shop face masks. I typically buy them in single-use sachets, but I wanted to order the full sizes and the Chamomile cleansing oil based on an Amelia Liana recommendation (review coming soon). Just before check out, I added the Vanilla Brûlée Body Butter. Unfortunately, I had to add this to my list of disappointing products.

I don't hate this product, but it wasn't as impressive as I had hoped it would be. The smell is amazing - I definitely wasn't disappointed by the that. It smells so rich and creamy and the tub is a good size. I got this on offer for $10 (half price) and I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the tub - I think that's a fair amount of product, especially if it's half-off. It's been cold here lately and my skin is definitely suffering, I've been exceptionally dry and have been trying out various products to see what works best. I was hoping this new body butter would be my new best friend. When I first dabbed into the lotion, I liked the consistency - it's thick and creamy, just as you'd expect a body butter to be. As soon as I began to rub it in, however, I noticed that it doesn't seem to spread very well. It's so thick that it doesn't work into a larger area of skin. I end up needing a huge amount of product for a small area of skin just because the lotion doesn't spread out. It does leave you feeling a bit greasy, but I expected that since it's considered a "butter." I felt like at least that sticky feeling would mean that I would be nicely moisturized by the morning.

The problem was that I didn't feel all that moisturized the next morning. It seems as if all the lotion disappeared and my skin wasn't able to drink up any of the moisture. Especially since it's called a "body butter" I expected this to be an intense hydrator and something to use when I'm feeling exceptionally dry - to perk up my skin overnight even though it may be thick and a little greasy. Those are all things I can deal with if the moisture payoff is worth it. I just didn't feel like my skin had made seen any major improvements overnight, and for the amount that I had to apply, I don't see the tub lasting very long. I may just use this for hands and feet before bed and forget trying to use it as a body lotion. 

In the future, I may opt for a smaller size to throw into my handbag as a hand lotion, but I probably won't purchase this particular product again. I love the smell and the formulation is nice, but I just wasn't that impressed, overall. That being said, I LOVE all the other products that I have tried from The Body Shop and this definitely won't deter me from continuing to try out their products. Everyone's skin is different and just because it didn't moisture my skin as I had hoped, doesn't mean it couldn't work for a different skin type. 

Have you tried a body butter? If so, what did you think? What are your favorite The Body Shop products?

No comments:

Post a Comment