Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Get Ready With Me: Autumn Foundation Routine

The days are getting shorter and the weather is finally starting to get colder. At the first inkling of cool weather, I switch up my foundation routine to make sure my skin stays moisturized and glowing all day long. I tend to stay away from matte foundations, and while I don't typically use a dewy or luminous foundation during autumn and winter, I still like my skin to look healthy and hydrated.

I start off with a moisturizer. I use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ some nights and every morning. I love this moisturizer and while I do like to try others, I always keep this as a staple in my vanity.


I've been reaching for this primer since the start of fall to add a highlight and brightness to dull, dry skin. I apply this after letting my moisturizer sink in and I concentrate it mostly on my cheekbones, but blend it into my entire face. This adds the perfect amount of highlight for fall - it adds a little something to your foundation without looking shimmery or dewy. I don't use a powder highlight when I use this primer in the fall.


This has been my go-to everyday foundation lately. I wear it in the shade "ivory." It's a lightweight foundation that really looks like skin and provides just the right amount of coverage. You can add a second layer to add coverage, but I usually find that a light layer of this conceals and blurs imperfections perfectly for an everyday look. I apply this with a damp beauty blender being sure to blend it out to get that natural finish.


I apply my NARS concealer under my eyes and anywhere I else I need a little extra coverage. I use the shade "Chantilly" and also blend this out with my damp beauty blender. This is my all-time favorite concealer. It brightens the under eye area and blends seamlessly without settling into fine lines. 

On special occasions or days I need my foundation to look flawless for a long day, I use the Revlon ColorStay foundation in "ivory." This foundation lasts forever! When I tested it, I swatched it on the back of my hand, and found the pigment remained on my hand until the next day. It really doesn't budge and keeps your skin looking perfect all day and night. I have the formula for dry skin, and I was surprised that it didn't cling to dry patches even after hours of wear. This isn't as natural of a look as the Naked foundation, but it's perfect for an event or a long day when you need your foundation to last, and it provides more coverage than the alternative.

That's it! I don't usually powder my skin, I just finish up with a blush and use a clean powder brush to blend it in and make sure I don't have any harsh lines and my makeup looks blended and flawless. I've been loving this combination, especially for a more autumnal/wintery look. I will definitely continue using this into the winter months as well.

What is your favorite autumn/winter foundation? What are your tricks to keep your dry skin looking hydrated when it's cold outside? Let me know in the comments!




PS - Be sure to follow me on social media for updates! I'll be doing a giveaway soon, so make sure you're subscribed to stay in the loop so you can enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment