Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Sunday, November 16, 2014

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation - Review


I finally jumped on the bandwagon and purchased my first NARS Sheer Glow foundation. I was especially interested to try this formula because of its claims that "sheer glow." I like lighter coverage foundations that you can wear daily but also build up to add more coverage. Also, since I have dry skin, I tend to stick to brightening foundations. I chose the shade "Siberia" and it's a good match, but I was surprised at how yellow it looks. At first, I was afraid it would be way too yellow on my skin - I have pink undertones and usually go for more neutral shades. I've been using the NARS concealer for a while and it is very yellow-toned as well, but I appreciate that for the under eye area to counteract any blue/purple bags. 

Once I applied the foundation, the first thing I noticed was that it blends really well. It's very thin and light and a little bit of product goes a long way. I used less than a dime-sized amount and it was plenty. The yellow works really well to counteract any redness from blemishes, dry patches, etc. It also helps conceal any dark areas or bags under my eyes. Once it's blended into the skin, it doesn't seem too yellow, it matches well and helps neutralize the color of my skin. 

This is definitely a good everyday foundation - it's light and doesn't stick to dry patches. It gives a nice healthy glow and blurs imperfections without looking like a heavy, full-coverage foundation. You can apply an additional layer for more coverage, but I found that it wasn't really necessary. A light layer of the foundation and some additional coverage from the concealer is plenty to give a flawless foundation look. 

I apply this with a damp beauty blender (the concealer as well) and set my under eye area with a translucent powder. I've been using this daily and it seems to be agreeing with my skin. It doesn't have any scent (that I can tell) and doesn't irritate my skin or cling to dry patches. Definitely one of my favorite high-end foundations!

Let me know what you think of this combo in the comments below...

No comments:

Post a Comment