Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Fall Lips!

When fall finally arrives in Texas I not only switch up my foundation routine, but I also begin to choose more autumnal lip & cheek shades. Of course, certain trends come into play, but traditionally, fall colors are deeper, darker, and more plum or berry. And of course, a red lip is always on trend. These are my current favorite fall lip products...


Stila Lip Glaze in Majesty - I believe this was a limited edition holiday shade. It was part of a holiday set, however, it looks like the shades Berry & Black Cherry would be very similar. These are definitely sticky glosses, but the pigment lasts a really long time. Even after the gloss has worn off, the pigment remains. If you're bothered by sticky glosses, these glazes are definitely not for you, but they are very long-wearing especially for a gloss. They are also super shiny. 


Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Rose Blush - This is one of my all-time favorite lipsticks. It's moisturizing and the color is a nude rose - like a your-lips-but-better nude shade. It's a deep rose color so it's perfect for the colder weather without being too dramatic. I like to dab this on if I'm sporting a more dramatic eye look or a neutral makeup look for a subtle lip color. 


Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipstick in Brazen Berry - I love this range of lipsticks. They're bright and highly pigmented, but moisturizing and long-lasting. This is a bright berry shade; it's perfect for a day-time autumn look. This is the most purple shade I have chosen, it's a cool tone with less red in it. 


Maybelline Color Sensational Lipcolor in Blissful Berry - this is a true berry shade. It reminds me of a cranberry shade; it's reddish with just the right amount of purple. To me, this is the epitome of dramatic autumn and winter lipsticks. I love the color and the formulation is creamy, moisturizing, and highly pigmented. This is perfect for a bold lip look.


Make Up For Ever lipstick - this is in my GIVEAWAY! Check out that blog post to learn more.


NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Soft Fuchsia - these are a cross between a lip liner and a lip crayon or chubby stick. It's part liner pencil, part lip balm, and part lipstick. These don't last for hours, but they're super easy to apply and I love this shade. This is a perfect everyday fall nude. It's a deep, dusty rose color, and you can dab these on a for a more natural/sheer look, or build it up to look like an opaque lipstick. They're slightly glossy but not at all sticky. They're very creamy and don't dry my lips out. I keep this in my purse during autumn & winter for a go-to lip color that I can swipe on quickly when I need it.



From left to right: Majesty, Rose Blush, Brazen Berry, Blissful Berry, Copper Pink, & Soft Fuchsia.


Don't forget to enter my giveaway going on now! Check me out on Instagram & Twitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment