Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Sunday, December 21, 2014

Product I Love: MAC Paint Pot Review


This is the second time I've repurchased this little gem. MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Bare Study has been a trusty staple in my makeup routine for many years. These are meant to be cream shadows, but they are definitely multi-purpose products. These run around $21 for a 0.17 oz. pot and they last forever! My last Bare Study paint pot was purchased about 5 years ago and I've been out for a few months and finally got to the MAC store to replenish my stash. 


Bare Study is a nude shimmery color that's a really good base for other shadows, but also looks really nice on its own. These paint pots are super creamy and smooth and they're long wearing and creaseless. Since they don't crease, they work really nicely as a shadow base. They're creamy so they hold a powder shadow onto the lid, fight off creasing, and make shadows look more vibrant. On "no makeup days" I wear this by itself all over my lid, crease, and up to my brow bone. This shade is really brightening and highlights the brow bone, too. It's pretty shimmery so it can add a glow to other shadows, highlight the inner corner, and it can dress up a more casual shadow look. 


I'm interested in trying a darker more taupe shade paint pot. What are your favorite paint pot shades? I like to pair this with the e.l.f. jumbo eyeshadow sticks for a more complete look. I treated myself to a replacement paint pot for a special event I was going to but this will definitely become a staple in my daily routine again. It's so versatile and easy to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment