Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Monday, December 22, 2014

Disappointing Products: Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Oil

I recently made a trip to Sephora to pick up some skincare items for a special event I had coming up. I love Clinique and wanted a few skincare products - some I've tried and loved and some I have not yet tried out. As you know, I'm a sucker for cleansing oils. A while back, before I was into cleansing oils, I remember Tanya Burr mentioning a Clinique "Take the Day Off" cleansing balm. I kept that recommendation in the back of my mind and when I was at Sephora last week, I decided to finally check out the range. Included in the Take the Day Off range is a cleansing oil. Obviously, I had to try it. 

Clinique take the day off cleansing oil
This pains me to say it was a disappointing product because I absolutely love Clinique products - especially their skincare. Unfortunately, I was really disappointed by this product and cannot continue to use it. I love the formula - it's so silky and smooth and it really dissolves makeup quickly and completely. There's no obnoxious smell and at first, I was really pleased with the oil. However, as soon as I began to remove my eye makeup, it started to sting my eyes pretty badly. I realize this will not be a problem for everyone - as different products react differently with each person, but it was so intense that I definitely won't be using it again. I'm sad that I have to return this. I'm not sure if there's a particular ingredient in this formula that isn't in my other cleansing oils, but this does seem to be a lot less natural than The Body Shop version. I ended up with red, watery eyes that stung all night.


Although the ingredients didn't agree with me, I thought the name of this range was really cute and unique. I definitely want my evening skincare products to "take the day off" and leave my skin feeling fresh and clean. I also love the packaging. I wish all cleansing oils would take note of this! The pump lid twists into a locked position so that it doesn't leak (perfect for traveling). It's also in a pretty translucent purple bottle which looks nice and would be suitable to be displayed on a bathroom counter. It's definitely the best packaging out of all the oils I've tried. If this didn't burn my eyes it would be a definite winner. 


Even though this product isn't for me, it hasn't put me off Clinique. Some of my favorite skincare products are made by Clinique and I will continue to try out their other lines. I don't think I'll be trying any more from this particular range, but my quest for the perfect cleansing oil will continue! Another thing to consider if you're looking to try this product is the price. It's the priciest oil so far - going for $27 for 6.7 oz. The Garnier oil is the cheapest at just under $8 for 4.2 oz., and The Body Shop oil goes for $18 for an even larger (6.75 oz.) bottle. 

Have you tried this oil or any other products from the "take the day off" range? If so, let me know your thoughts in the comments. As always, I'm still accepting recommendations for other cleansing oils!

Until next time! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment