Cover Photo

Cover Photo

Friday, December 26, 2014

Foundation Friday: Laura Mercier, Revlon, & NARS

#FoundationFriday
I wanted to put the spotlight on these foundations that I've been loving recently. There's something for every skin type and every budget. I've tried and tested these so that I'm able to do a complete review on them and share with you exactly why I love them so much. If you're looking to change up your foundation routine in the new year - this post is for you. You won't be disappointed with these fab foundation options.


I wanted to start out with the most affordable option - the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation is a beloved staple I've used for quite a while. For just around $10 (1 oz.), this is super affordable, which makes it the easiest to try out. It has very light but buildable coverage - one layer will give you a really natural finish, but you can add another layer or two in any areas where you like more coverage. This never cakes or clings to dry patches and it always looks like natural skin. I have this in the shade "ivory," which is their lightest shade. I love Revlon's color ranges, especially if you are fair. Their "ivory" shade is a perfect match for my skin at its palest and never looks orange or too dark. This could easily be your new "everyday" foundation. If you have oily skin, you can set this with your favorite setting powder for all-day lasting power. If you're like me and have dry skin, this on it's own has great staying power and never breaks up or sticks to dry skin after a long day.


NARS Sheer Glow foundation is a fan favorite - I was a little late to jump on the bandwagon but I'm glad I finally did! This goes for around $45 (1 oz.) at Sephora, so it's definitely pricier than my drugstore favorites, but I think the quality matches the price. The packaging is really luxurious and nice (you can purchase a pump for an additional $6) and the formula truly feels like a nice high-end foundation. It's smooth and creamy, but it has a thin consistency so it's still sheer and perfect for dryer skin types. I use this in the shade Siberia and it's a good match for my skin tone. This foundation (or, at least, this particular shade) has very yellow undertones to it. This is really nice if you suffer from redness or have pink-toned skin. This helps even out my skin to give me a neutral complexion and it masks any redness (including redness from breakouts). If you have oily skin, there's a sheer matte option. This doesn't ever irritate my skin as it's fragrance-free and non-comedogenic. A little bit of this foundation goes a long way and it can get cakey if you apply too much. If you do apply too much on the first application, don't set it with a powder, use a damp beauty blender and give it some time to sink into your skin. After it oxidizes and settles, it looks much more natural. I will definitely repurchase this when it runs out (which will be a while since a little goes such a long way) and it pairs perfectly with the NARS radiant creamy concealer. I apply this a little at a time with a damp beauty blender and sometimes set my under eye area with a translucent setting powder.


Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Flawless Fluide has easily become my all-time favorite foundation. This was definitely a splurge at $48 (1 oz.), but I really love it. It's oil-free but it has "reflective waters" that add a glow to the formula so it looks really nice and dewy on dry skin. This is packaged in a sort of tube that you have to really shake well to mix up the "two part formula." I shake this for a good 10 seconds before I apply it. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the packaging - when you open it, because the foundation is thin, it leaks into the cap and you lose some of the product. Sometimes it squirts out after shaking, too. That being said, the formulation more than makes up for the packaging. It looks so beautiful on - I get compliments every time I wear this and it really does give a flawless finish. I use it in the shade "creme" and it's a good match for my skin. Again, it's lightweight but you can apply several layers to add coverage. I don't use this everyday because it's the priciest of my foundation options, but it's perfect for a night out or special occasions. It's definitely worth the price, in my opinion. It's also the slimmest out of the 3, so it would be perfect to throw in a makeup bag or for traveling. Before you buy - make sure to test out the shades, as I thought I would be the lightest (as usual) but actually went for the 3rd shade as it matched my skin tone better. The range is not necessarily sorted from lightest to darkest.


Are you a fan of any of these foundations? What are your #FoundationFriday favorites? Let me know below!

Until next time! xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment